I have a background in humanitarian aid work, environmental activism and entrepreneurship. I am based in Maastricht in Netherlands, but have lived and worked in Portugal and Norway. My main interests are sports, arts and sustainable design.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I believe that FutureLab Europe is a stimulating arena to delve into relevant societal topics together with like-minded peers.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because democracy depends upon our involvement!
Anja joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then she has been involved in the following activities:
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- FutureLab Europe discussed social entrepreneurship with MEP Sofia Ribeiro at the Ronda Forum 2016
- FutureLab Europe participated in the Berlin Foreign Policy Forum 2015
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe