I have a background in Law, and am currently doing a PhD in the Law of Contracts and Torts and one in the area of Fundamental and Human rights. I am based in Serbia but have lived and studied in Vienna, Berlin and Oslo. My main interests are international law, international relations and European politics.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Thanks to FutureLab Europe I had the opportunity to learn from the renowned experts in the fields I am passionate about, to discuss burning political issues with educated and pro-active people from different regions and countries and actually make a difference through projects that helped young people express their views on a wide range of topics.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I believe Europe needs active citizens because today’s young leaders are going to be the decision-makers of tomorrow. It is our duty as individuals to help our communities to further develop and to change our societies and our countries for the better.
Darija joined FutureLab Europe in 2014. Since then she has been involved in the following activities:
- The face of Europe today – Is it hidden in the Turkish sand?
- Should there be limits to freedom of speech?
- Brussels – will it ever be the same?
- Should I stay or should I go? A tale of emigration from Serbia
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 18 new participants to its 2017 Annual Forum in Brussels
- 2015 FutureLab Europe Spring Conference
- FutureLab Europe 4th generation met experts Brenda King, Matthias Francken and Yves Pascouau for a roundtable discussion
- FutureLab Europe will discuss migration and integration policies with Matthias Ruete at 2015 FutureLab Europe Spring Conference
- FutureLab Europe presents young generation’s workplan for EU Commission
- The Fourth FutureLab Europe Annual Forum took place in Brussels