I have a background in international relations and geopolitics. I am based in Bucharest but have lived in Paris to complete my Master. My main interests are democratisation, rule of law and human rights.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I believe that FutureLab Europe is the place to be for those willing to support the European project and can think about solutions for the Union’s problems.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I believe Europe needs active citizens for their vision, ideas, creativity and innovative spirit. Real change comes from those who care and are willing to go the extra mile!
Doru joined FutureLab Europe in 2011. Since then he has been involved in the following activities:
- Romanians demand a restart after the Bucharest nightclub fire
- It’s our right to vote
- Europe and the Balkans… What is your perspective?
- Save Roşia Montana! The rise of a sleeping nation
- Stigmatizing vs. acceptance of ‘the other’
- FutureLab Europe discussed social entrepreneurship with MEP Sofia Ribeiro at the Ronda Forum 2016
- FutureLab Europe discussed the Future of Democracy in Belgium
- Europe@debate: New Social and Digital Media in the European Public Sphere
- FutureLab Europe participating in Berlin Foreign Policy Forum
- The Future of Democracy?
- Malmström speaks at first Europe@debate
- First FutureLab Europe annual forum takes place in Brussels