I have a background in law, journalism and future studies. I am based in Helsinki but have lived/studied/worked in Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Tanzania and Cambodia. My main interests are migration and information law, business prospects and creative writing.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Because I desired a platform to communicate and exchange ideas and experiences on a European level.
Twitter account: @EliasVartio
Elias joined FutureLab Europe in 2012. Since then he has been involved in the following activities:
- Re-conceptualising Fortress Europe
- Europe, are we there yet? / The future of Europe is not that grim
- Football World Cup under fire – what does it tell us about the humanity?
- And here it is: The right to be forgotten (confirmed by EU court)
- Domestic citizen initiatives – a safeguard to the subsidiarity principle?
- A “right to be forgotten” coming up?
- “At the gates / In Transit” photo exhibition in Oslo in the context of the FutureLab Europe Fortress Europe project
- Europe@debate in Brussels: Europe’s lost generation? Young Europeans’ perspectives on the crisis
- Second FutureLab Europe Annual Forum in Brussels