I have a background in biomedical engineering, health policy, planning, financing and development. I am based in Dubai but have worked in all continents except Australia. My main interests are health, development, and disruptive innovation.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I joined FutureLab Europe because it is imperative to bridge the gap between citizens and governments by bringing back active citizenship.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Active citizenship is (important because) it legitimises democratic institutions as it allows for a deliberate representation of communal collaboration for the benefit of an entire population, taking into account all discerning views yet reaching a consensus that serves to the benefit of all.
Twitter account: @franzallmayer
Franz joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then, he has been involved in the following activities:
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- FutureLab Europe discussed social entrepreneurship with MEP Sofia Ribeiro at the Ronda Forum 2016
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation