I am based in Warsaw, Poland, but lived in Germany for some time, and I definitely feel like a citizen of Europe. During the day I have my stable corporate life that allows me to implement non-profit projects in the field of European education. I serve as Head of Concept and Partnerships at BETA Europe and consult Model European Union simulations from different parts of the continent. I’ve also been involved in the Global Entrepreneurship Week movement.
Why I joined FututreLab Europe? I joined FutureLab Europe because it gives me another chance to experience democratic participation at the European level, in the form of a dialogue with EU policy-makers and experts. Thanks to my background in European education I can pass my experience from Brussels along to others.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I do believe democracy is a process rather than a finite goal.
Only those who get engaged actively can expect proper democratic representation, whatever their cause is.
Hanna joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- FutureLab Europe discussed social entrepreneurship with MEP Sofia Ribeiro at the Ronda Forum 2016
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation
- Bring Back the Citizens! How to revive democratic participation for a citizens-led Europe
- FutureLab Europe’s Manifesto 2016 – Reviving democracy for a citizens-led Europe
- 2015: a year in elections – old trends and new challenges. A fresh look by young Europeans