I have a background in political science, economics, journalism and sports. I am based in Kenya but have worked in Russia and studied in Poland. My main interests are the Eastern Partnership, international development cooperation and football.
Thanks to FutureLab Europe I debated youth unemployment as a panellist with an EU commissioner, analysed the Ukraine crisis with the Finnish Minister of Defence and discussed the US-pivot to Asia at the German Foreign Policy Forum.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because I want to contribute to and shape the future of a peaceful, prosperous and united Europe.
Heidi joined FutureLab Europe from 2012 to 2015. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- Third option missing?
- Something sweet from bitter Ukraine
- Young in Greece vs. young in Germany
- Germans to the ballots – the impact on the EU
- New East, New Powers – Europe in the Asia-Pacific Century
- Special Thanks to the Crisis: EU Coverage in German Media
- The limits of Europe: The future of the EU’s relations with its Eastern neighbours
- On the situation in Ukraine with FutureLab Europe
- Europe@debate in Brussels: Europe’s lost generation? Young Europeans’ perspectives on the crisis
- FutureLab spoke at the Berlin Foreign Policy Forum
- Second FutureLab Europe Annual Forum in Brussels