I have a background in European Studies and am currently doing an MA in Anthropology. I am based in Lisbon. My main interests are: keeping up with the current European issues, the environment and cultural and biological anthropology.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Because I thought that it would be an incredibly valuable experience to exchange opinions with people from different cultures and backgrounds, as well as top policy makers!
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I believe Europe needs active citizens because now more than ever it is crucial to be aware of what is happening around us, that is the only way we can avoid greater struggles and plan a better future for Europe and its citizens!
Henrique joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then, he has been involved in the following activities:
- We are all endangered species : lessons from Portugal
- Is Europe roaming into a dangerous territory?
- Portugal: how an unexciting election produced a surprising political earthquake
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation
- FutureLab Europe’s Manifesto 2016 – Reviving democracy for a citizens-led Europe
- 2015: a year in elections – old trends and new challenges. A fresh look by young Europeans