I have a background in law and I am currently working as a junior lawyer at Dozet & Partners. I am based in Nis, Serbia, but have attended many international legal & also non-legal programmes across Europe. My main interests are financial law, EU law and EU integration.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I believe that FutureLab is the best opportunity for young, talented interdisciplinary-oriented people, who think of themselves as active citizens capable of making a change in their political and social environment, to gain valuable international experience.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because I have never thought that passively standing and looking at things and events would have ever made a better future for us.
Jovana joined FutureLab Europe in 2012. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- A flying drone and the truth about reconciliation
- Oops! They did it again, they played with the law, got lost in the game
- Swallow the frog and move on
- History Campus: Look back and think forward
- Grand finale of Plan Balkans: Europolitan
- Plan Balkans: Europolitan announces competition winners
- Plan Balkans: Europolitan!
- Europe@debate in Brussels: Europe’s lost generation? Young Europeans’ perspectives on the crisis
- Europe@debate in Paris: Imagining Europe in 2037–scenarios for the future
- Second FutureLab Europe Annual Forum in Brussels