I have a background in management, having attained both a BA and MSc in this field, and a postgraduate degree in Grant making, Philanthropy and Social Investment. I am based in Lisbon and have studied and worked in the UK. My main interests are philanthropy, the science of happiness and politics.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Thanks to FutureLab Europe I started to believe again in the possibility that honest and compassionate politics can lead citizens towards a meaningful and fulfilling life.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I believe Europe needs active citizens because without it, failed states and a failed Union is just a few decades away.
Twitter account: @luisplacido
Luis joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then, he has been involved in the following activities:
- Disillusion and disengagement: how fighting corruption and protecting whistleblowers can help restore trust
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation