I have a background in international relations and customer relationship management. I am based in Berlin but have studied in Slovakia and Turkey. My main interests are new technologies, running and my eternal struggle to learn German.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I joined FutureLab Europe because I wanted to get to know like-minded people from all over Europe and learn how to promote the project of European integration at home. Thanks to FutureLab Europe I additionally had the opportunity to join several cross-continent initiatives and met many new friends.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because now more than ever we need to find common solutions on how to tackle both the internal crisis within the EU but also how to react to humanitarian crisis not only around the borders of Europe. This cannot be achieved without functioning civic society which leads to rise of far right & left parties/movement.
Twitter account: @lukas_fucela
Lukáš joined FutureLab Europe in 2012. Since then, he has been involved in the following activities:
- Hospitality à la Central Europe
- 10 survival messages for (young) entrepreneurs
- Brown stain on the map of Slovakia
- Will frogs from Athens settle down also in Košice?
- Are you (un) employed? Check what you have studied!
- Europe@debate in Brussels: Europe’s lost generation? Young Europeans’ perspectives on the crisis
- Europe@debate in Hamburg: The Islam belongs to Europe
- Second FutureLab Europe Annual Forum in Brussels