I have a background in European studies and business administration. I am based in Rabat, Morocco but have studied and worked in Canada, Finland, Belgium, Portugal and Italy. My main interests are international studies and cultural cooperation.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I joined FutureLab Europe because I strongly believe in its potential. Giving a voice to the young on international issues is key in bridging the gap between generations and finding innovative ways to meet the stakes our generation is facing!
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? I believe Europe needs active citizens now more than ever if it wants to preserve the core values of its foundation. Active citizenship is the last bastion in Europe against the different threats it is currently facing and the only way to restore legitimacy and trust.
Maël joined FutureLab Europe in 2013. Since then, he has been involved in the following activities:
- The worn leather of a suitcase
- A letter to Charlie
- Ideas advocated at the Forum on Education and Entrepreneurship
- Stepping on the other side of the blue mirror
- Don´t confuse me with my country: I am French… and German
- Missing a generation in EU politics: How to involve young Europeans?
- European youth want decisive action for Summit
- The third FutureLab Europe Annual Forum took place in Brussels
- Young Europeans defining their input for upcoming Council meeting