I have a background in international security, Middle Eastern studies and journalism. I am based in Oslo, but have lived in France, Egypt and Jordan. My main interests are people, travelling and learning.
Why I joined Futurelab? I joined FutureLab Europe because I wanted to learn more about Europe from engaged, young Europeans.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because Europe´s future should be a project of the many and not just a few, sitting in offices far from the reality of many citizens.
Maria joined FutureLab Europe in 2014. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- 2015 FutureLab Europe Spring Conference – How to integrate young migrants?
- FutureLab Europe 4th generation met experts Brenda King, Matthias Francken and Yves Pascouau for a roundtable discussion
- FutureLab Europe will discuss migration and integration policies with Matthias Ruete at 2015 FutureLab Europe Spring Conference
- The Fourth FutureLab Europe Annual Forum took place in Brussels
- Europe Must Act! The Refugee Crisis in the Eyes of Young People
- Young generation’s workplan for the EU Commission 2014-2019