I have a background in history and in business ethics. I am based in Barcelona, Spain, though I was born in Madrid and have studied in Lyon, France. My main interests are corporate responsibility, European identity and democratic rights and values.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Because I needed to engage in a proyect which truly could improve European democracy at all levels.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? We all are accountable for the direction our society takes. Active citizenship provides everybody the chance to accept this responsibility and make their contribution to a better society, by something as simple as taking part in the life of their community.
Marta joined FutureLab Europe in 2012. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- Climate change: a call for a united Europe to act
- A golden cage is still a cage
- The winds of change are blowing in Spain
- European democracy: Do young people need to know more about EU politics or do politicians need to be better informed about youth issues?
- How attractive is it to be a politician?
- Could we brand Europe?
- European Capital of Culture: an award to foster understanding or to attract tourists?
- FutureLab Europe discussed the Future of Democracy in Belgium
- History Campus: Look back and think forward
- Forum on Education and Entrepreneurship
- The Future of Democracy?
- Europe@debate in Brussels: Europe’s lost generation? Young Europeans’ perspectives on the crisis
- Second FutureLab Europe Annual Forum in Brussels