I have a background in UN advocacy, youth participation and peacebuilding. I am based in Brussels, originally Finnish and have lived in the Netherlands for a number of years. Currently, my main interests are women in politics, feminist leadership and the global youth, peace and security agenda.
I joined FutureLab Europe because I wanted a platform where I could formulate and build a joint vision for a better Europe.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because history has proven that leaving Europe in the hands of old, white men isn’t good enough.
Twitter account: @
Matilda joined FutureLab Europe in 2011. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- A gender-equal European Commission in the making
- Learning from the past – or how to make sure there will be no shortage of female candidates when the 2019 Commission is formed
- MFF – What’s in it for me?
- The Inclusive European?
- Gender Just Trade?
- Malmström speaks at first Europe@debate
- The first FutureLab Europe Annual Forum took place in Brussels