I have a background in political science, international relations and literature. I am based in Bucharest but have lived/studied/worked in Graz, Berlin, Ljubljana, Sarajevo and Pristina. My main interests are European integration, Western Balkans, foreign policy and literature.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Thanks to FutureLab Europe I met a bunch of bright young Europeans from all over the continent and beyond, and I learned how to express my opinions as an engaged European citizen.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Because without citizens there is no respect for freedom and democracy, there are only borders and cultural cages.
Miruna joined FutureLab Europe in 2013. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- Bosnia Herzegovina – Between its ‘historical’ application for EU membership and its ‘traditional’ corruption scandals
- Romania’s Collective Tragedy and its Chain Reactions
- Romania and Sweden need to keep trying to find a solution for the Roma beggars
- The Ukrainian Crisis and the ‘New Cold War’ Paradigm
- Would you like to be left in a trial without your lawyer? If not, then vote in the EU elections this May!
- Democracy is like a long-term relationship. Exhausting, but rewarding
- “No second-class EU-citizens!”