I have a background in education, European affairs and youth activism. I am based in Brussels but have lived/studied/worked in Italy, France, and Luxembourg. My main interests are youth leadership, participatory democracy and social media.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? I believe that FutureLab Europe is the most inspiring and life-changing European youth leadership programme.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Active citizenship is an important tool to empower citizens in the decision-making process at national and European level, and the best contribution to a community.
Twitter account: @simonapronckute
Simona joined FutureLab Europe in 2015. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- The importance of youth empowerment in the European Union
- Self-organised European Citizens’ Initiative against TTIP. Has the EU heard its citizens’ voices?
- FutureLab Europe’s fifth generation discussed democratic participation with MEP Sven Giegold and DG EAC Director Antonio Silva Mendes
- What should be done to foster multi-ethnic societies? Policy recommendations from FutureLab Europe
- FutureLab Europe welcomed 24 new participants to its 2015 Annual Forum in Brussels
- FutureLab Europe welcomes its 5th generation
- Bring Back the Citizens! How to revive democratic participation for a citizens-led Europe
- FutureLab Europe’s Manifesto 2016 – Reviving democracy for a citizens-led Europe