I have a background in development and democracy, public policy, international relations – and I oscillate between academia and the think tank world. I am based in Netherlands and Ukraine at the moment, but have lived in Belgium, Brazil, Portugal, Slovakia and Spain before that. My main interests are societies in transition and the multitude of social processes that mark progress (and regress) of mankind.
Why I joined FutureLab Europe? Because our generation needs to play a more active role in fostering a new social contract within European societies. We are literally Europe’s future and should contribute to shaping it – also through our civic activism.
Why do I think that Europe needs active citizens? Active citizenship is important because only a healthy civil society can safely embed the states and markets that seem in constant crises.
Twitter account: @Zuzana_Novakova
Zuzana joined FutureLab Europe in 2011. Since then, she has been involved in the following activities:
- The election weekend in Slovakia is over. Why should we care?
- The EU and Ukraine: a tango with fading passion?
- All eyes on Ukraine? Slovakia’s troubled neighbour in light of regional elections
- Tough mandate ahead for Ms Mogherini in the echoes of the “Arab spring”
- An asymmetric challenge – what role for Europe in the Middle East?
- EP elections: of interest to 13% of Slovakia
- Europe’s ‘Lost Generation’ on the ‘New Deal’: “We are a resource, not a problem”
- How far is too far? Reflections on the Bergedorf Roundtable
- Is democracy able to help us through the challenges of the 21st Century? – join in the debate with FutureLab Europe
- Thoughts on Social Welfare in Europe
- Durban and the normative EU power
- FutureLab Europe participated in the Berlin Foreign Policy Forum 2015
- FutureLab Europe participated in the 2014 Berlin Foreign Policy Forum
- FutureLab Europe at OECD Forum 2014
- The future is us! – Young Europeans in discussion with Wolfgang Schäuble, German Minister of Finance
- Imagining Europe in 2037–scenarios for the future
- Europe@debate in Belfast: Justice through unconditional basic income? A debate on European Social Policy
- Malmström speaks at first Europe@debate
- The first FutureLab Europe Annual Forum took place in Brussels
- 2015: a year in elections – old trends and new challenges. A fresh look by young Europeans
- My Europe: What young people care about
- One passport, one people?